As an entrepreneur for over two decades, I have dabbled in various industries, but my true calling and passion came from realizing that making a difference is more important than making a fortune. This realization came to me in 2008, when I thought I had it all and was financially successful but felt deeply unfulfilled. I found myself in a deep depression and had thoughts of suicide more days than not. I knew something had to change, so I started seeking anything that could help me get out of the dark spiral I was in. Serendipitously, I stumbled upon a 5-day custom retreat in Sedona. I had no idea what to expect, but I knew something had to change. The experience blew my mind and completely changed my life.
During the retreat, I experienced hikes in the mountains with an indigenous shaman, meditated with former monks, and pushed past fears and anxiety through powerful breathwork practices. I did an incredible amount of healing through various other sessions and experiences that were completely new to me at the time. My mind was blown, and my heart was fuller than I could ever imagine. I went from wanting to end it all to feeling intensely connected to something bigger, to myself, to others, and unfamiliarly closer to my purpose.
Committed to living with intention and following my passion over money… I sold my business in 2010, to pursue something more meaningful. I dove headfirst into learning about all the modalities that helped me during the retreat and anything that aligned with my passions and desire to connect to something bigger than myself.
After a few years filled with lessons, failures, and self-growth, WUB was born. Born out of a true passion for offering similar experiences, healing, resources, retreats and events that offer the opportunity for deep growth, life-changing experiences, healing and a passion for connecting people to the teachers, modalities, practices and facilitators that helped completely change my life.
It hasn’t been easy, but the feedback I receive is incredibly far more rewarding than anything else I’ve ever done, with people telling me how our retreats have “saved their life,” inspired them to make major changes, or heal past traumas in powerful ways.
My purposeful driven journey doesn’t stop there. These days, I am blessed to work with socially conscious organizations, nonprofits, and change-makers, empowering them to make a lasting impact on society by utilizing my extensive experience and passion for social good. I believe in using my skills and knowledge to support and empower those who are making a positive impact in the world. I may not make as much money or have as much stuff as I used to, but I wouldn’t change a thing as I get to live my purpose of helping organizations and individuals achieve their goals and make a real impact on society.
Through my journey, I have learned that true success is not measured by financial gains or material possessions, but by the impact we make on the lives of others and the world. My journey from suicidal thoughts to a purpose-driven life has been a life-changing experience that I am passionate about sharing with others. I hope that by sharing my story, it will inspire others to find their purpose and make a difference in the world.
Discovering Purpose and Fulfilment: My 8 Tips for Making a Difference in the World:
- Take the time to reflect on your values and what truly matters to you. What kind of impact do you want to make in the world? What gives you a sense of purpose and fulfillment?
- Seek out opportunities to make a difference in the lives of others. Whether it’s volunteering, working with non-profits, or starting your own social impact business, find ways to contribute to society and make a positive impact.
- Surround yourself with people who inspire and support you. Whether it’s a mentor, a community of like-minded individuals, or a supportive partner, having people in your life who believe in your vision and encourage you to pursue your passions can make all the difference.
- Keep an open mind and be adaptable. Non-profits and social causes are often faced with unique challenges, and being able to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions is key.
- Remember that the impact of your work goes beyond the bottom line. The work you do with non-profits and social causes has the potential to make a lasting impact on society and the world. Embrace the opportunity to make a difference, and let that be the driving force behind your work
- Be patient with yourself and others. Pursuing your passion and making a difference in the world is not always a quick or easy process. Be patient with yourself and others as you navigate the journey, and remember that progress and success take time.
- Embrace failure and learn from it. Failure is an inevitable part of the journey to following your passion and making a difference in the world. Instead of fearing it or being discouraged by it, embrace it as a learning opportunity. Remember that even the most successful people and businesses have likely experienced failures along the way. The key is to adapt, learn from your mistakes, and keep going. Failure is not a setback, it’s an opportunity to grow and improve.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. You’d be amazed at how much support you can get if you just ask. Most people feel valued when they can offer guidance, support, and advice. Reach out to mentors, join communities of like-minded individuals, and never hesitate to ask for help when you need it. You’ll be surprised by how many people are willing to support you on your journey.
Need a bit more than some tips?
Check out the Spirit Quest Retreats in Sedona which is where I went.
(and no, they’re not paying me to write this; they’re amazing, and I believe the more people that get to experience beautiful healing and experiences like this, the better world we’ll live in, so am happy to share.
If you’re curious about WUB, check out…
Written by: Paul Puzanoski